Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Rollercoaster









We are getting ready to celebrate our first major holiday with Nate and we have so much to be thankful for. He is such a cutie!!! We met Nate's new Ear Nose and Throat doctor last week in Atlanta and had a great appointment. He told us that many kids with Auditory Neuropathy grow out of their condition when they are diagnosed as early as Nate. Nothing is for sure but it gave us hope that he will not have hearing problems. We had just started to accept that he would have permanent hearing loss. That is the rollercoaster of parenthood I guess. We were really thrilled but try to keep our emotions in tact so that we are not too down if he doesn't grow out of it. Time will tell. The doctor gave us some good tips and a speech therapist that can teach us how to do speech therapy with him. We are very positive and thankful for how far he has come.



While we were in Atlanta, Nate also got to see the neonatologist that truly saved his life. I can't tell you how amazing it was to see how pleased she was with his progress. She did so much for our family and I think she got attached to the little booger. He has come so far and we were blessed to have so many people work so hard to get him where he is today.



Nate has had a very busy social calendar recently, meeting lots of new people. He is definitely getting use to a life full of attention.



I have so much to be thankful for this year!!! I am thankful for the love and support of my family, the care from Nate's physicians, the nurses that answered all of our questions and cried with us too, the therapists that work with him everyday and encourage both Nate and I, my friends who have done more for me than I could ever payback, the people who don't know us that prayed for Nate, my loving husband, and more than anything the happiness that Nate has brought into my life. He has taught me so much and I really love him with all of my heart.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Yes, it is such a roller coaster! So many ups and downs, but I'm not sure if the ride ever ends. :)
Have a great Thanksgiving!