Thursday, August 21, 2008

Portable DVD Players






What a wonderful creation. A friend of Scott's recommended that we try getting a portable dvd player to entertain him while he was in his carseat, which he hates. We had to go to Macon today for an appointment with the pulmonologist and Nate usually cries the entire way up and back. Not today. Nate is now the proud owner of a dvd player that plays his new best friend "Baby Einstein." He watched it the entire time. What a relief.


We got a good report from the pulmonologist. His oxygen saturation was 99%. AWESOME. The doc said that he felt that Nate looked alot better. He is retracting less when he breathes and he said that his liver felt alot smaller. His spleen is still pretty big and will continue to prevent us from getting a g tube (one in the belly). He made a good point in saying that hopefully Nate will be able to take enough of the bottle on his own soon without the help of his feeding tube and we will not have to deal with a g tube. It would be nice to avoid it completely because they would have to sedate him. He did focus on the upcoming flu and cold season. We still have to be very cautious with Nate and try our best to prevent them. A simple cold could cause Nate severe problems and he would end up back in the hospital and back on oxygen support. We will do our best to protect him.


Taproot photography took some more photos of Nate that turned out really cute. I will attach them.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Julia,
The pictures of Nate are just precious! I love the one of him looking straight on :)

Glad to hear you guys got a good report at the doctor's office.

Yes, the portable DVD player is a life-saver. I don't know what I would do without!

Our Home said...

We love your blog. My dad (Jay Faircloth) works at the Tech school and has kept us posted on Nate's progress. We have been praying for him! We have a little boy close to his age and saw God do a little miracle in him even before he was born. We know God has great plans for Nate! Thanks for sharing-Love, The Allens

The Benich Family said...

Welcome to the blogging world!!!! I'm so happy we can get the scoop on your blog now. Wade can't wait to meet his buddy Nate :)

Elizabeth said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment you left on my blog, and for adding me as a link on your blog. Pretty cool! I'm going to add y'all on my blogroll too so I can remember to check back often.
Yes, the shirt I made on my Katie Kay Tees blog was for Bonnie, Jackson's widow.
Can't believe Patrick turned 24. Wow, do I feel old!
Great photos of Nate. He is adorable!
I'll be back to comment soon. Visit me often too! :)
Love,
E